Thursday, April 17, 2014

Paint my ceiling fans???

      It's now been a week since we moved in and I haven't had an extra minute!  There's sooooooooo much to do and soooooooo much more I want to do!



I took the blades off and taped the rest.
The first thing I wanted to tackle was the ceiling fans and ceilings.  The fans are nice, but they were just the wrong color.  I had read on Pinterest that you can spray paint ceiling fans and one post I found said it could be done while they hang!!


Before I go any farther, let me warn you!!!  I would NOT do this if I wasn't going to paint the ceiling, paint the walls and had empty rooms!!!!!



Maybe more paper on the ceiling!
The over spray from spray paint turns to a type of dust and falls to the floor.  I had covered the floors from wall to wall and also taped paper on the ceiling, but I still had a mess to deal with.  I got paint on the ceiling and the "dust" on the drop clothes ended up on the floors when I cleaned up.  Maybe I could have done a better job of containing it, but instead I vacuumed and mopped.....a lot!





All painted!


The small parts taped to a box.


Finished!!!  Looks great!


The paint I used.

I didn't prime before painting, but would have if it had been something we would be touching.  I think it turned out great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment