Sunday, May 25, 2014

I'm calling this finished!!!

The Master Bath.  Aaahhhh. 

Master bathrooms are supposed to be like spas, right.  A retreat.  An escape.  A respite. 

Our master bath is all of those things, mainly because it's finished and that makes me feel good!!!!!

The paint turned out perfect.  The lights are just what I wanted, although if an electrician happens to come in I may ask them to be moved closer to the mirror. 

Remember my rant about stupid man decisions?  This bathroom has a separate shower and bath.  The bath has a shower head and used to have a shower curtain rod!  Why?  What dumb *ss man decided to spend good money on those unnecessary things?  Things I have to un-do.  Okay, I'm not un-doing the actual shower head.  Not sure what that would involve, but I do know there is a pipe coming straight through marble and that can't be an easy fix.  Shower caulk can only fill a hole to a certain size.

It's finished!!!!

I did take down the shower rod.  It was put up with screws, which had plastic wall anchors to hold them.  Blue plastic wall anchors.  Blue plastic wall anchors that could NOT be ignored.  Sorry, no picture of those, but I had some difficulty getting those out of the wall.  I tried pushing them in and tried pulling them out, but was afraid of breaking the marble. 

Darryl to the rescue!  My friend Darryl said "just put a screw part-way back in the anchor and pull them out".  Duh.  Worked like a charm and after caulking the holes, you can't even see they were there!!! The picture here proves it. Love projects with happy endings!!!

 He's a Solution Solver!!  That's a double positive!!!

I'm happy with the bath and other than some accessories that could come or go.......


IT'S FINISHED!!!!!!!

One room down and only 6 more to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment