Friday, April 18, 2014

Too many irons!!!

We have officially been in our new place for two weeks today!!!  I do love it, but there is soooooo much to do.

Every room needs work, but I can't seem to stick to one room at a time.  There are small transformations taking place in every room of the condo, making me feel like I have "too many irons in the fire"!!!



Can you see the texture?
The dining room has painted/textured walls with stripes and not a stick of trim.  I don't have pictures of the process, but I did get the texture sanded off with an orbital sander.  What a messy job!  I draped plastic drop clothes over the doors, but I still got a huge layer of dust! 

Now I just need to add trim.  Crown, chair rail and a piece that creates a raised panel look.  Some folks like to call it shadow boxing. 

Wish me luck!  I've borrowed all the tools and purchased the trim.....not cheap, btw....and most importantly, I've watched lots of youtube videos!  This should be a snap! 

I'll let you know how it goes and post pics as soon as I get into it!

Now off to tend to another iron!

No comments:

Post a Comment